Thursday, November 29, 2007

No dye, but football? Wha?

Now that I've gotten past the obligatory, onto more current events.

Things have been rather slow in the store front. More like grinding, screeching halt but I'm not discouraged. It's easy to forget that there is another world outside there beside the crafting one, just ask any Ravelry patron. I decided to put up a sale and reduce my shipping costs. I'm thinking about leaving the shipping costs down. It really is so expensive, even shipping the normal post is only marginally cheaper, but as I said, I'm seriously considering leaving it there and maybe after the holidays, going to the parcel post rather than priority. Hey, if it costs the same amount to drive across town for the skein as it does to have it shipped?

Well, since things have been slow, screeching halt slow, no dyeing has been going on. I'm thinking about biting the bullet and ordering in some new dyes and yarn anyway, even though I told myself this has to be a self propelling business. I've got so many ideas I want to try out. I love all the new holiday season colors, especially with the tree ornaments that are bright and ethnic and eclectic. Going into a decoration store has been wondrous on my creative spirit. It is bad to ask shamelessly for patrons to buy my yarn just so I can get my dye fix? Yes! Bad Denise, bad!! :)

Now, the football reference. Yes, football. Wha? Yes, my reaction too. The hubsters is watching football. What?! Yes, seriously. My "I hate football and everything about it and everything involved with it" Texan, redneck, beer drinking, closet liberal husband is watching football. Why? Football betting squares. He's watched the entire showing of a game he reports to hate. It makes me wonder if the first seven football free years were just stocking up for later instances of , "But I can't do,**insert task here** , the game is on."

If only he knew the reason I married him was for his views on the game...

No comments: