Saturday, December 1, 2007

Projects

I've been trying to work on projects for Christmas rather unsuccessfully lately. I've determined that not too many people will be getting knitted gifts this year. Just simply because the time and yarn haven't been there for me to do so. I do need to come up with something for the husband, he's been very supportive during this whole process, especially since he's been busy working on his own art projects as well. He makes absolutely beautiful stainless steel candle holders and wine racks. His vision of 'what looks good' as he puts it is truly unique to most of the stuff in his arena. If there's an interest, I'll gladly posts some pictures of his stuff.

But still, no idea of what to make him. No time to make a sweater, which he probably wouldn't wear anyway. He likes socks but he'd wear through them super fast. He might do a beanie, but it'd be a plain one, nothing special. I just don't see much that I could make for him. Speaking of the beast, he keeps popping his head in the office to see what I'm up to. Doesn't he know I'm talking about him right now???

Then I still have the task of getting something for my friend Clarine. I got her a small stocking stuffer, which for those who are interested, it's a Body Kiss from Gudonya Too. This stuff is amazing and the owners are as well. But still, it is just a stocking stuffer. I have an idea, a was of honoring some of the work she's done, but it involves a craft I haven't done in a very long time and it's one of those crafts that you loose over time if you don't keep it up. I'm pretty sure I'd be setting myself up for a failure and being stuck right smack dab where I was to begin with.

Anyone want to offer up suggestions, feel free. What do you get your knitting partner in crime when you're pretty sure they haven't gotten you knitting related stuff as well? And it's the first Christmas so it has to be good. Required!

1 comment:

Clarine said...

No gifts are needed!

Oh, and who said my present for you is not knitting-related?

;-)