Friday, December 14, 2007

New Yarn Preview, Sale, Spongebob



I give you, Starry Night. Still slightly wet from the dye process. It was dyed up in the wee hours of the night in between watching for Geminid Meteors to flash across the midnight sky. Hubs caught seven, I only caught 4, damn it! It is the first in my line of Arte Traducido, simply, Translated Art. There will be more to come!


I have two more, however, I'll save their preview for my etsy store. They are essentially the same colorway, except on different yarns and give two different color interpretations. The colorway name is Cenote, to pay homage to our fifth anniversary cruise to the Western Caribbean. On the actual date of our anniversary, we went diving in a cenote, roughly translated, sink hole. They had stalactites and stalagmites in the water we were swimming in and everything was dark and bluish green. It was eerie and beautiful at the same time. In a year or two, we hope to go back and hopefully I'll get as much inspiration as I did that time!
The sale is going to be ending soon at the etsy store. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that the sale didn't work out as well as I hoped, but I have to remember, not everyone wants yarn for Christmas. They should, but that's just my opinion. I will be keeping the 50% off priority US shipping though. I wish I could offer it to my international customers, but it's just so darn expensive for regular parcel post. I do try to have it so that if someone's going to buy more though, it is cheaper on the post that way.
Now, the deal with Spongebob, Goose decided that he wanted to ask Santa for the Spongebob video game he saw at the store with Hubs this past weekend. Argh! Last thing I want Santa to get him, but as we're working on his grammar and being polite, he said without assistance when asked what he wanted Santa to bring him, "May I have the Spongebob video game for Christmas please?" Made me beam with pride. He thought really hard and he wanted to make sure he asked right because it's what he really wants. How can I say no?



1 comment: