Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Northern Winds, Stage West Today,Chance of Dye Tomorrow

Brrr! It's cold! Okay, I know I have no room to talk, especially with the northern part of the US in the state it's in, but wow, 64 degrees in my house. Yet I still have found a way to muster that defiance of turning on the heater. It isn't that it costs that much but at the same time, I got a nice low bill, which means more yarn. Yes, I've gotten to that level of dependency and I'm perfectly okay with it.

Today I start my part time job at Stage West, just in time for Christmas. I will be waiting tables and being a cooks assistant, which true, not the most glamorous of positions, definitely the most applicable to my life right now and again, looking at it in stages of yarn, LOTS more. :) Maybe one day I'll even get the balls to go and audition for a part.....as long as it doesn't get in the way of my yarn.

Speaking of which, getting more yarn soon! I'm getting my usual bit of sock yarn and also some new goodies, some dk weight merino superwash and silk blend. When it dyes up, three of the four plies are the merino and one is silk, giving it this real pretty tweedy/heathered look. It would make really good quickie projects, like some fetching or dashing, and even scarves and hats. I can't wait to get my hands on it!!

1 comment:

RecycleMicol said...

Hey Tonks!

RecycleMicol here...I know what you mean about the heater. I'm just South of Fort Worth and we got one of those electric water-filled radiators that you can wheel around from room to room. We turn it on in our bedroom at night and in the living room during the day. It has been most efficient and cost effective, especially if you reverse your ceiling fan and turn it on low...it brings the warm air down to us. We do run the main heat for a few minutes in the morning so that it takes the chill off just until the radiator makes enough heat for our open living spaces during the day. It's great! Like you said...less money going to the electric company...more for FIBER!

If you ever get the chance, come to our Fiber Therapy Group on Wednesday nights! I'd love to finally meet you! www.fibertherapy.groups.vox.com
or Fiber Therapy in Ravelry groups

-RM