Monday, June 30, 2008

Wholesale, The Eye of a Storm, and Thumbprints

Hopefully I can chalk this post up quickly, despite being my normal scatterbrained self. I'm now accepting wholesale orders! I've gotten one so far, which hopefully in two weeks the first offerings of Blue Hands Fibers will be up and running on WoolGirl. I'm really excited about this and hope to be able to have more offerings out there on the web and in brick and mortar stores as well!

The eye of the storm has been life lately, not that I'm complaining too much. The hubs took the day off today, as we had been out of town this whole weekend, and we've both been relaxing. I'm about to get him and child off the video game so we can maybe go out to lunch. I've had a horrible craving for Pot Belly's meatball sub and cup of broc and cheddar soup. (warned I was scatter brained!) But have been trying to do the little catch-ups here and there, have plans for laundry (ugh), and winding yarn (yay!) I also hope to get out the Suri bfl combo, which I have four skeins of and three will be for sale up on the store (sorry!), and I'm going to have some fun with the merino tencel blend as well. This next store update will surely have exotic offerings. But today is definitely the calm before the storm or the eye of it, either way I have that feeling something fierce is coming soon!

Now, onto Thumbprints. Our family lost someone very important this past week, and a community lost an important figure to their unique bicultural history: Wilbert North Helde Timmons , my husband's Grandfather. The service was this past Saturday, and while I'm not one for most funerals, one thing this preacher said was about our thumbprint that we leave on the earth, our impression. It really made all of us in the family think about what our thumbprint is going to look like and realize that we have one heck of a thumbprint to live up to but I felt more resound, after thinking about my own life, that I'm on the right path. My only regret, having been to the funeral, is not getting to know him better. The sweet man who took me by the arm over to his piano and played, "It had to be you" Who, when I saw him only a few months ago, had to play it again for me. I'm glad for the thumbprint he left on me.

No comments: