Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Break, Almost Half Time, Contest Blues

Breaks are something that usually don't fit into a sentence when I talk about my work. Since its inception, my only break has been a anniversary vacation back in October which if you heard about that one, wasn't much of a break, and my birthday weekend, which I did work on anyway. So yesterday, I took the Goose and went to see Spiderwick Chronicles and do some much needed non-work, non-yarn shopping. We had a lot of fun trouncing around the mall, playing on the putting green at the sporting goods store and eating a very unhealthy meal in the mall food court. It was a lot of fun and every time my mind wandered to, "I need to get in contact with my dealer about my upcoming order." or "I need to check on the shipment of mailers", I made myself stop. Despite my knitting, I'm very much a type a personality. I have to get it done now, or it haunts me. The fact that I still have a month before I need to start dyeing for the club and a month after that before the first packages go out feels as I've got merely days. Now, I've come back from my day of excess with much needed focus.

Speaking of the club, things are going AMAZINGLY well. It has been received so well! I can't wait for everybody to see the colors that were inspired by Ravelry. When I came up with the concept, I don't think that I even realized the circle that it creates with Ravelry, its founders, and the members. I feel very honored to be a part of that circle and help perpetuate it. I also can't wait to see the FO's with the yarn and the sentiments that will come with it. So with that, I've almost reached the 'half time' point with the club. I'm about 10 shy of going on the downhill slope towards being sold out. I can't believe I'm this close already!!! (Thank you everybody...so much!!!!!)

Now, for the downer....I've got the contest blues. I haven't received any contest entries! I don't know if everyone is more intent on giving or if it's just too much work for the contest. Either way, I have wanted participation! So, I've decided to revamp the contest. The essential same rules will apply, as far as if you've purchased one, you can still participate and if you win, you can give away the club you win, keep it for yourself so you'll have two, donate all your money from your original purchase, or receive a refund (partial or full). I'm changing the contest to just an essay on how Ravelry has inspired/affected you. You won't need to do the photos and I do apologise to those who've taken them already, if any have. I'll also post a sidebar note on it but I request that the essay is no more than 1500 words and still submitted to the bluehandsfibers@gmail.com.

3 comments:

ikisti said...

oh, i was totaly looking forward to taking those photos. I'll try to write something as well as i photograph, though it will be hard. :)

Dove Knits said...

I wouldn't revamp or give up the contest yet! I think it just takes time to take that many photos -- I know it would for me, especially since I only have a few hours a week to be able to take photos. Maybe you could change it to doing only one or two photos, though, because I think that doing all 6 is quite alot, and would disqualify people who have no stash and no friendly LYS owners (or no time to go to a LYS, like me).

Dee said...

That's true...I think that I'm going to keep the contest theme with future clubs and I'm going to do a redux on the pictures. I am going to take the photos though, just to show what a knitting nut I am. So if people still want to do it, we can have fun anyway! They'll probably make good ravatars! :)