Thursday, March 27, 2008

Comfort comes in 10 cones of yarn and Mom's rollercoaster





PICTURES!!!!


Yesterday was soooo much fun, winding away on my new 10-skein winder hubs built. Yes, comfort comes in 10 cones now. The fun part now is which one is Ravel Me, which get Code Monkey and which get Mascot! :)

Okay, not that I really like getting into drama or my personal life, but I thought I would share about this. My sweet, single mother has gone onto an online forum in hopes of meeting someone. She doesn't do the bar scene and is involved in things, but just hasn't met anyone. So? She's been getting contacted and low and behold, the first guy that contacts her, ultimately ends up being one of those Nigerian money scammers. Mom got a learning curve from hell! I know a lot of people do the online thing and just wanted to put out a warning. If anyone ever asks you for money, or asks you if they can send you a money order so that you can send them cash, DON'T FALL FOR IT. My mom's a tough cookie, but there's a bit of a ego hit when you admit you need a little help finding someone...this was below the belt. And if anyone has had this happen to them...my heart goes out to you! It's really a shame we live in a world where the one thing we all require, love, is being used to scam money. (whatever happen to good hard honest work?)

6 comments:

ikisti said...

yah that's not cool at all.

though I love the look of that winder. So much yarn skined out in so little time :)

Taylin said...

Sorry about your Mom's terrible experience.

Your skein machine is totally awesome! I want to give it a few spins.

Dee said...

Thank you guys! She's doing much better and has been talking to a few 'real' people now...lol!

LOVE the skein winder... I wish tying off was faster but it's still ten time (literally) faster than my 1 skein winder!

nanni said...

That 10 skein winder is awesome.

And sorry about your mom. That really sucks. Glad she found some real people to talk to.

krysten said...

oh. my. WOW. that thing is crazy amazing!!

Unknown said...

I would love to make one of those myself! The SO's family has a big shop where it'd be easy to build. I wonder if you could attach a motor to that thing... that'd be fabulous!