Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Getting an F in Third Grade Math

Argh! I'm an idiot! I decided last night to print off a good chunk of my labels last night. Hubs and I were going to watch a movie and I decided that cutting and taping the labels would be a good thing to do during that because I just love cutting and taping labels...not! Since I print my own, I have to use one of those scrap booking cutters for each individual page and make six cuts per page to make 3 labels...not too much, but when you add up how many I'm doing for the sock club, it's a lot to make sure you don't accidentally cut off the name or the yardage. So I was going to print off 45 labels.

Silly me forgot to do the math of 45 labels divided by 3 to do 15 pages....for some reason I got it into my mind that I had to do 45 pages!! Argh! I print off 90 labels too many!! Most people would have figured this out after printing....did I? No. Those who didn't figure it out after printing would have surely figured it out during cutting...did I? Nooooo. I was happily watching the Bourne Supremacy, cutting all 135 labels, all 270 cuts. It only occurred to me during taping them together that I had printed off WAY too many. At least I didn't tape all 135. Luckily, it's not much of a loss, which I'm taking out of my half of the profits and won't affect the donation amount, but I know that somewhere my third grade teacher is tsking me and getting out her big red marker to put a big fat F on my forehead.


Feel free to laugh and oogle over these pictures....anyone want to buy 90 limited edition Blue Hands Fibers Sock Club labels.....who knows, as my mother in law says, they could become valuable like misprinted stamps. :) I know, I'm stretching :)
See the nice big fat stack of misprints? Yep yep, there's the proof I'm gud at maff.

4 comments:

ikisti said...

hugs* it's hard to remember some times that knitters and math don't always go together. :)

nanni said...

Can you just use sticky mailing labels to put the name of a different colorway on the labels you've cut and printed? It probably won't look quite as nice, but I know I wouldn't mind and am guessing many other sock club purchasers wouldn't care either.

pantoufle said...

I'm seconding nanni on her idea. I certainly wouldn't mind if you recycled.

Turtle said...

Lol, i have so done things like that before! Bummer. (but at least they got done!