Sunday, April 20, 2008

Day to Dye

Pruney toes, numb fingers but sooo much accomplished today. I have officially dyed as much as I ever have in one day. 30 skeins of Mascot are hanging up in the back yard basking in the evening sun, wafting their vingerary synthrapol wooly fumes for all the neighbors to smell. I'm so exhausted but the feeling of having accomplished a great amount of work today has me feeling greatly sated. I've got about another 20-30 to go before I'm done with the first batch. It's going to be very sad to see them go, but I'm happy to know they'll all be greatly loved for their charitable nature, wooly goodness and soft embrace.

Is it showing I'm high as a kite on lamb hair, vinegar, dye and soap?

3 comments:

PinkFlamingo said...

wow you were a busy girl yesterday! I thought about giving you a buzz, but I am glad I didn't now since you were hard at work! The Mascot colorway is gorgeous... I think you will have some mighty pleased clubbers!

Julie said...

Yay! Yarn drying in the sun. I hope you will feel satisfaction when the recipients will have huge smiles and lots of "Thanks" for you! Plus, think of all the wonderful socks that yarn will be knit into!

Turtle said...

lol, sounds like a wonderfully productive day though! I have been wanting to dye but unfortunately it is 30 degrees out again and i would freeze in the garage!