Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Have had no time to post!

Things have been super busy...even since last time I posted! I'm trying to get ready for the sock club launch. I am soooo excited about it. I hope it does really welll. I think the colors in it are going to be nice but the fact that it's going to a good cause.

So I've been thinking about the contest for the club and I have come up with an idea. I picture scavenger hunt and a 'short essay'. I'm going to assign 6 different things that you have to photograph, all yarn related. And the essay will be about how this entity has affected your life. I am going to keep the essay down to a minimum. At the end of the sock club once all the yarn has been received and hopefully been knit up, I'm going to send in the contest photos, the stories, and hopefully pictures of FO's to this entity. ARGH! The inability to say anything about it is killing me!!! March 15th......not too far away.


Okay, other news....hmm. I've come up with a few new colors.

  • This is Mrs Norris, Revved, Fawkes and Arc from left to right.

I'm soon going to be adding a Norbert, Crookshanks, Nagini, and a Buckbeak. Yes, I got bit by the Harry Potter bug, but I thought it'd be much more fun to give the lesser characters their stamp.
Revved and Arc have not made it up into the Etsy store yet. I have been having 'issues' with Etsy all of a sudden so it's made life getting things up on the store much more a pain. It only further perpetuates how frustrated I am that I don't have my own website or someone willing to work on it. I'm getting to the point where I was seriously considering sending a desperate plea to an ex boyfriend... I've looked at some's services online and a lot of them are just not me and the ones I've seen with the mostly self service are still WAY out of my price range. I guess we'll just have to see.
Sorry for a quick and vague update. I'm going to open a presale here a couple days before the official launch on the etsy. The contest is going to be officially announced on March 1st including the details of the rules. Forgot to add that if you purchase a club and enter the sock club and win you can receive all of your money back, or donate a partial or full amount. And like all other contests, no purchase to win.
Back to work!

No comments: