Sunday, January 13, 2008

First Cone, Projects, Franken Winder

I got my first cone of yarn the other day...yay! It is so huge! It really makes me feel like I'm 'doing business' and not just playing around. I hope to look back on this day as a reminder of where it all started in that some people's mountains are other's molehills but they're all important.

Finally updated some stuff on the blog, I've been working on a Central Park Hoodie for myself. I had gotten a gift card to Yarns Ewenique in Fort Worth for Christmas and I splurged on a whole bunch of Sublime cashmere, silk, superfine merino yarn in this yummy drunken wine color. It is so rich and ultra soft. I had to do some converting of the pattern as the sublime isn't the right guage. Let's just pray it comes out okay!

Yes, the franken winder is nearly complete. That's all that I"m going to say at this time. We're about to enter into the testing phase, which will be interesting. Will post something official soon. In the mean time, if you scroll all the way down to the bottom, you can see a video of it in it's more bare form and hubs and I acting goofy.

No comments: