Thursday, January 10, 2008

2007 Recount, resolutions, new stuff!

Wow! What a year 2007 was. I typically come up with one word to describe each year after it's passed and I'd call this last one, reborn. So many things in my life seem to be reinvented, or transformed or revealed because of new things. My business, Blue Hands Fibers started it's debute in 2007. I went to two countries I had never been to before, Jamaica and the Cayman Islands, both beautiful countries respectively. I finally learned how to knit cables successfully. I made tons, literally tons of new friends who now that they're around, I can't imagine life without them. I still have to say that the company starting up is the most significant. Feeling like an orphan in the rest of the working world and still subscribing to that saying, "I'll figure out what I want to do when I grow up" was begining to get to me. Now, I don't have that anymore. I have grown up (shh, don't tell anyone it's a facade) ;)

New stuff! I've just found out that paypal is offering a widgit so that you can sell your items from anywhere! I'm still working on how it works out but now I might be able to offer exclusives from my blog so please check back soon!

Yes, I've made a new years resolution. (shame on me!!) Loose weight! The last time I worked retail, about a year and a half ago, I went from 150 pounds down to 130 in about six months. Well, now I've gained it half of it back! Argh!!! Yes, I'm admitting my real weight on here so I can feel shamed for allowing myself to let go and indulge in way more food than I need to eat. I'm going to do a small part of each post dedicated to my results, what I'm doing food wise, exercise wise and health wise to get back into fighting shape. My goal is to get down to 115 by swimsuit season. 25 pounds in about 6 months? That's less than four pounds a month, should be doable so we'll see how it goes!

No comments: